Subject: RE: Metaform problem
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 18:38:33 JST

The Director <[email-masked]> wrote...

> From the day I got the 3.5 upgrade of LW (Which was the first day it hit
> the dealer's store) I have been trying to use Metaform and never saw what
> everybody was so amazed at. I made a box, tripled the polys, metaformed
> it and I still had the same shape box with many polys. I Metaformed it
> again and had even more polys, but it didn't look rounded at all, just
> the same shaped box. Yesterday a friend demoed it for me on his machine
> and I was amazed at how different it looked, all rounded and smooth. I
> started to play around with it again and still I got the same box. I had
> a thought that maybe something was preventing it from working correctly.
> I moved file by file from the directories until I discovered that it was
> the Mod-Config file that was screwing up the Metaforming. With the
> Mod-Config file out, Metaform works great, but I would like to have a
> config file that works. If anyone knows what I should change in the
> Config file to make it work, please let me know. Thanks.
> 						Bruce B. Mittelman
> 						Creative Force Associates

Creating rounded box by Metaform is NOT need polygons tripled. Try make a
box by default tool,make sure segments should be 2 or higher in x,y and z.
Then Metamorph it!

And another wrong thing what i can imagine,is polygons must be ONE SIDE
(check it in options menue).

i think MOD-config file is not influence in this case...

Kiko...

To Jhon Gross:
i don't know why dobble sided polygons can't Metamorph. JG,Could u explain
for me??

--------------------------------J
 Sarn Fun - Digital Illusion  /A           [email-masked]
                             /P             100206,1027(CIS)
     Tadahiko Uehara        /A                 MXC03613(Nifty)
---------------------------/N-----------------------------------